Volkswagen will celebrate the VW Golf’s 40th anniversary this week at Techno Classica to be held in Essen, Germany, from March 26th to 30th.
Production of the VW Golf commenced exactly four decades ago, in May 1974. The first generation VW Golf was a front wheel drive car and was a replacement for the iconic VW Beetle. The VW Golf is Volkswagen’s best selling model and the world’s second best selling model. Now in its seventh generation, the Golf lineup is the biggest ever as it includes derivatives such as the GTI, GTD, GTE, R and e-Golf. Since the introduction of the original Golf, Volkswagen has managed to sell no less than 30 million units.
Volkswagen will also showcase at Techno Classica the Golf’s precursor, the original Beetle, through a collection of seven sporty “Power Beetles”, including the E-Bugster, Beetle “Salzburg” and a special New Beetle RSi.
The Volkswagen Classic Stand in Essen can be visited between March 26 and 30 in hall 7.0. There will also be an exhibition organized by the Volkswagen owners’ clubs in hall 8.1.
About Techno Classica 2014:
- 26th Techno-Classica Essen – 26th – 30th March 2014
- World Show for Vintage, Classic and Prestige Automobiles, Motorsport, Motorcycles, Spare Parts, Restoration and World Club Meeting
- Exhibition Area is 120.000 m2 divided into 20 halls and 4 open air areas
- Number of Exhibitors in 2013 was more than 1,250, from 30 nations, of which 220 were Clubs and Interest Groups
- Number of Visitors in 2013 was 193,400, from 41 nations
Click Here to visit the Techno Classica website.